Services: Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
• General anesthesia for children and adults
• Dental extractions, wisdom teeth
• Dental implants
• Treatment of dental infections
• Preparation of the mouth for dentures
• Bone grafting
• Jaw (orthognathic) surgery
• Biopsies and treatment of pathology and trauma
• Reconstructive surgery including repair and revision of lacerations and bone fractures
What is Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery?
Oral and Maxillofacial surgery involves the diagnosis and treatment of conditions and diseases of the face, mouth, teeth, jaws, and associated structures. Oral surgery training involves four to six years of additional study beyond the four years to become a dentist. This training often involves rotations in anesthesia, general surgery, plastic surgery, neurosurgery, intensive care, emergency medicine, and general medicine. This rigorous training prepares the oral surgeon to safely manage a multitude of oral-facial health conditions.